MODER vision was cost-effective, energy-efficient and user-oriented refurbishment of buildings as part of the global energy system. The main objective of MODER was to increase business of engineering companies, energy managers and consultants in supporting municipalities and building owners in European and global markets for the refurbishment of buildings at district level.
Project demonstration sites
- to develop tools for design at a district and neighbourhood level that enable the comparison of different alternatives of RES systems.
- to improve the understanding of the behaviour of complex energy systems for non-technical stakeholders by visualization to give easy-to-understand access to alternative energy scenarios.
- to improve holistic energy-system design at a district level considering renewable energy systems.
- to develop processes and practices that enable building owners to activate refurbishment at a district and neighbourhood level with the help of energy management companies and engineering companies.
- to develop methods for effective design management by showing procedures for analysis-based target setting, information sharing, monitoring and collaboration.
Sweco Finland Ltd.