THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE CALL FOR VISITOR CITIES!
The applications of the FIRST CALL FOR VISITOR CITIES have been evaluated. We proudly announce the five VISITOR CITIES who will participate in the Site Visit in Valencia at the SCALABLE CITIES & MATCHUP – VALENCIA JOINT EVENT from 29-30 March 2023.
The Visitor Cities will get the opportunity to:
- get more insights on the state of the art of the European Smart Cities;
- see how Valencia is using AI for testing and experimenting;
- learn and work on how to scale up smart technologies and solutions (upscaling of RES through energy communities, infrastructures, solar pedestrian lanes; upscaling of e-mobility solutions, energy refurbishment business model etc.);
- collaborate and build up new partnerships;
- visit traffic control rooms, smart parking solutions, energy offices and smart buildings and
- share knowledge regarding monitoring and replication in Lighthouse and Fellow cities.
More information regarding the activities can be found on the agenda of the event.
Experiences from the host and visitor cities will be provided after the Site Visit.
Site Visits promote the exchange of best practices, policies and solutions between cities through an on-the-field visit and direct exchange between one Host City and up to five Visitor Cities. Site Visits offer a platform for cities that are leading important initiatives to showcase them to other peers and share their experience on a concrete domain.
Key topics of site visits for 2022-2023:
- From Positive Energy Building to Positive Energy District
- Upscaling of pilot projects within the own city/Governance innovation
- Funding and new business models
- Transition from a Fellow to a Lighthouse city
- Digital transformation
- Monitoring and evaluation
How to apply?
One representative of the city can submit a proposal (city department, public or semi-public utilities companies, public agencies, coordinating authorities, and other public bodies directly linked to the city).
Please fill in the application form (downloadable documents) for becoming a Host City or a Visitor City and submit it on the EU Survey Application Platform. More details and information on the general eligibility, reimbursement and methodology can be found in the terms of reference (Site Visits).
There will be several deadlines to submit proposals for host cities throughout the year. The Site Visits submitted and selected during this first call will need to take place within one year of a Host City’s application being approved. Exact dates will be agreed upon selection of Host Cities. Details about the deadlines and implementation periods are detailed in the terms of reference (Site Visit) and Indicative SC P2P calendar.