VisualisationsView visualisations of this node
The TETRAENER project was based on the premise of creating residential communities where external energy dependency is reduced by optimising the supply/demand balance through an improvement in energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources, together with demand monitoring and control applications. TETRAENER encompassed two new urban developments in the cities of San Sebastian (Spain) and Geneva (Switzerland) and one observer community in Frankfurt (Germany).
Project demonstration sites
These communities offered a series of synergies with regard to the priorities set out in the CONCERTO initiative:
Large-scale integration of renewable energy sources:
- biomass installations,
- high efficiency solar thermal systems,
- photovoltaic-solar systems,
- wind installations integrated in residential areas, and
- harnessing of Lake Leman as a heat source in Geneva.
- Passive solar energy harnessing criteria,
- targets of maximum energy efficiency,
- integration of RES, and
- application of innovative legislation.
- New Building(s)