The Smart Cities Marketplace Humble Lamppost Initiative recently commissioned research on the role of this city-wide array of assets to support response and recovery to Covid. The white paper will...
- 6-Nations Smart Cities Forum
- Citizen Centric Approach to Data
- Citizen’s Control of Personal Data
- City Financing Platforms
- City Wisdom
- Deep Retrofitting
- Democratic Innovations and inclusive Participation Smart Cities and Communities
- Deployment of Sustainable Urban Mobility solutions
- Electric Vehicles for Smart Cities and Communities (EV4SCC)
- From Planning and Implementation to Scaling up of Smart Cities
- Geospatial Cities
- Heating and Cooling
- (-) Humble Lamppost
- Innovate.City - European Network of City Policy Labs
- Intelligent Mobility for Energy Transition (IMET) - the work of this initiative has been completed
- New Mobility Services (NMS)
- Positive Energy Blocks
- Pre-commercial procurement
- Regulatory Frameworks
- Small Giants
- Tools for Decision-Making, Management & Benchmarking
- Urban Air Mobility (UAM)
- Urban Data Platform
The General Assembly in a nutshell More than 300 participants joined online 100 one-on-one networking meetings 20 sessions ranging from interviews to 3.5 hours workshops covering everything from data platforms...
With the theme of delivering resilience for smart city projects in times of COVID-19, the EIP-SCC Marketplace team is organising an online matchmaking event from 15 June to 17 June...
How the ‘humble lamppost’ means smarter streets — a collaboration between 5 city-clusters across Europe Chief Digital Officer for London, Theo Blackwell writes about a major European city initiative on...
If Europe replaced its current streetlight infrastructure with smart lamps, it could save taxpayers up to €2.1 billion per year. At the moment, Europe spends nearly €3 billion on street...
Chicago’s programme to replace 270,000 city lights over the next four years with LEDs and intelligent controls is a good example of the growing scale and ambition of street lighting...
Back in 2013, smart lighting wasn’t a mainstream topic like it is today. The historic city of Helmond in North Brabant in the southern Netherlands, however, was one of the...
Lampposts are one quick fix for smart success At the moment, there are between 60 and 90 million lampposts sitting in Europe’s cities - 75% of which are more than...
Graham Colclough represents the Humble Lamppost initiative which is working towards the setting up of an open affordable component-based city lighting solution. The goal is 10 million Smart Lampposts across...
There are around 60 million streetlights in Europe and most of them have been lighting up the roads for at least 25 years. These lights are usually not energy efficient...